Income Tax Assistance in Racine County
IRS certified volunteer tax preparers are ready to help you E-file your taxes free of charge. The service is available to income eligible residents. Computers will be available for those who wish to self-file but may need some assistance. To schedule an appointment (Monday – Thursdays, 4:30 – 8:30 p.m) at the Workforce Development Center (1717 Taylor Ave, Racine) or for more information, contact the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Coordinator at 262-637-8377.
Held annually the 3rd Saturday in November at Gateway Technical College, Racine
Asset Builders of America works with many local partners to provide the Money Conference.
- UW-Extension Family Financial Security – variety of resources on finance and housing
- Managing Your Personal Finances in Touch Times – learn where to start when you can’t pay the bills and what can happen when you don’t pay bills
- Managing Between Jobs -a series of publications that present valuable strategies for dealing with job loss or a drastic reduction in income (PDFs can be viewed for free.)
- DATCP – Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection – Consumer topics and resources such as tenant rights, consumer protection
- Wisconsin Way – a guide for landlords and tenants
- Tenant Resource Center – rental rights – 877-238-RENT
- Federal Trade Commission – FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- HUD – US Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling – NFCC – 800-388-2227 – resources and can check to see if credit counseling agency is certified
- Association for Financial Counseling, Planning and Education – AFCPE – resources and can check to see if credit counseling agency is certified