Racine Kenosha Nutrition Education Programs help low income families stretch their food dollars for nutritious and safe food. Visit the UW-Extension’s Racine Kenosha Nutrition Education Program (RKNEP) website.
- UW-Extension Nutrition Education Resources
- Weight and Health – weight related data for Wisconsin
- USDA Food and Nutrition
- Nutrition.gov – online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers including food pyramid, dietary guidelines and more
- USDA’s Food and Nutrition Services– provides children and low-income people access to food, a healthful diet, and nutrition education
- Choosemyplate.gov– replacing the old my pyramid, the new USDA tool and resource myplate.gov helps to improve the nutrition and well being of Americans
Tips on Canned and Frozen Produce- watch this video to see how you can choose healthier canned and frozen fruits and vegetables. Check out these other informative videos from the American Dietetic Association.
Understanding Food Labels
- FDA Understanding Nutrition Labels
- FDA Nutrition Information for Raw Fruits, Vegetables, and Fish with downloadable and printable posters
- Health Claims Demystified
CSI(Calorie Scene Investigation)- learn what is really meant by a calorie in relationship to serving size. You can also view the entire 30 minute The Food Label and You video.
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Healthy Wisconsin People
- How does Sunscreen Work?- the FDA explains why the sun is damaging and encourages the use of sunscreen in this educational video
- The FDA has new labeling requirements. Do you know the difference between UVA and UVB or the difference between SPF and Broad Spectrum? Watch this video to find out.
- UW Food Safety and Health
- Meat and Poultry Hotline
- The FDA’s 7 Tips for Cleaning Vegetables
- FDA’s Recall Home Page
eXtension.org Food Safety Blog