Income Tax Assistance in Racine County
IRS certified volunteer tax preparers are ready to help you E-file your taxes free of charge. The service is available to income eligible residents. Computers will be available for those who wish to self-file but may need some assistance. To schedule an appointment (Monday – Thursdays, 4:30 – 8:30 p.m) at the Workforce Development Center (1717 Taylor Ave, Racine) or for more information, contact the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Coordinator at 262-637-8377. More information is on the Racine Kenosha Community Action Agency website.
Held annually the 3rd Saturday in November at Gateway Technical College, Racine
Asset Builders of America works with many local partners to provide the Money Conference.
- UW-Extension Family Financial Security – variety of resources on finance and housing
- Managing Your Personal Finances in Touch Times – learn where to start when you can’t pay the bills and what can happen when you don’t pay bills
- Managing Between Jobs -a series of publications that present valuable strategies for dealing with job loss or a drastic reduction in income (PDFs can be viewed for free.)
- DATCP – Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection – Consumer topics and resources such as tenant rights, consumer protection
- Wisconsin Way – a guide for landlords and tenants
- Tenant Resource Center - rental rights – 877-238-RENT
- Federal Trade Commission – FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- HUD – US Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling – NFCC – 800-388-2227 – resources and can check to see if credit counseling agency is certified
- Association for Financial Counseling, Planning and Education – AFCPE – resources and can check to see if credit counseling agency is certified