Racine County UW-Extension will be offering a variety of Early Learning Series and Touchpoints workshops in 2017. The workshops are designed for Early Care and Education Professionals, parents, grandparents, and other caregivers of children. Workshop topics include:
- Family Connections – a 5-week workshop series with curriculum and materials developed for early care and education staff to gain information, have learning opportunities and discover the critical ways “programs can better understand and respond to the needs of children and families.” The Family Connections training modules were created to promote skills needed in the early care and education field of self-reflection, self-care, and perspective taking. Begins on January 31, 2017 – see the flyer Family Connections Flyer 2017
- Thriving with your Spirited Child – Attention parents, early care educators, and caregivers of children. Is there a “spirited” child in your life? Is the child more perceptive, intense, sensitive, persistent, energetic or expressive? If so, you may have a “spirited” child. This workshop will teach skills and strategies that will help you and your “spirited” child to thrive. February 22, 2017. Thriving with your Spirited Child 2017
- Managing Challenging Behaviors – This workshop will help provide skills and strategies to working with challenging behaviors. We will explore how the environment and routine impact behaviors in positive and negative ways. You will leave the workshop being able to assess the current situation and create a plan to manage that challenging behavior. March 28, 2017. Managing Challenging Behaviors Flyer
- Connecting with Families – This workshop is geared toward Early Care and Education Providers. Participants will learn to: understand why it is important to connect with the families we serve; practice techniques to build better relationships with families; and discuss what families really need to know on a
daily basis and the best times to tell them. May 9, 2017. Connecting with Families Flyer
- Touchpoints Approach Training – This training will be held beginning in March 2017. Look for more information soon or contact Racine County UW-Extension for more information.
All workshops will be held at the Ives Grove Auditorium in Sturtevant. See the flyer for each workshop for times, registration fees, and registration deadlines. Contact Racine County UW-Extension with questions at 262-767-2929 or email@example.com